On our way!« an older post
a newer one »Blood Pressure

Number 5 it is!


Our first morning in the U.S. after our honeymoon, and what greets me? Yep. Migraine Number 5.

I fell asleep early last night (in the car from about 8:45 until 9:45, then immediately into the bed and back asleep at 10). Kris stayed up with his parents and ate ice cream, and came to bed around midnight or so.

I woke up at 6 or so, and stayed in bed until 6:30, then rose to go for a walk. Originally, Kris and I planned to go for a run today, but I decided to go for a good walk to get the blood pumping again. After a slow start, was out the door at 6:40 am.

I made it all of about 10 yards when I noticed I was having difficulty seeing. Assuming it was only the morning light, I kept going. 30 yards later, I couldn't see out of the right third of my vision. Sigh.

I turned around to go back home and back to bed, but realized my head didn't hurt yet, so, as long as I was careful at intersections, I could walk some. I decided to walk until my head hurt so much I couldn't walk any more.

Down Washington two blocks toward Handley, right turn, right turn onto Stewart, back past Cecil, through the light, right at the Qwik-e mart (or whatever it was), right at Braddock, right at Cecil (see at trend here?), up to the top of the hill, right turn onto the top street, around throught the division, out at Academy, left turn (the only one needed), back down to Washington, right turn, up to Handley, right turn, right turn onto Stewart, right turn on Cecil, and back home.

Lil was driving up when I was walking along Cecil. She had gone out for bagels. At first I was nervous that she had gone out looking for me. Not the case, thankfully.

Kris was awake, so I told him what was up. He found me the codeine, I showered, took the codeine and went back to sleep until 9:30. My head still hurts, but at least it's not as bad as it could have been.

I think it may have been the sulfites in yesterday's sausages. Not sure. I'll start my food journal this Sunday.