Last night, Brynne, Steffi and I met at the Foothill track to run in our own mini track workout. Our workout was short(ish):
- 2 x 400 m at quick, but not painful pace (which meant 1:40 laps)
- 4 x 200 m at accelerated pace (start striding, end sprinting)
- 2 x 100 m at fastest pace possible
- 5 x 5-10-5 shuttles, working on form, break down steps before turning
- plyo mixup: stars, rockets, tucks followed by 5-10-15 or 10-20-30 shuttles
Having spent Tuesday morning in my pilates class, last night at the track was hard for me. This morning at Velocity Sports, however, wasn't so bad. I was actually able to sprint this morning, including pushing a weight sled. I had problems pulling the sled running backwards, but that happened at the end of the workout, in the last two minutes actually, so I was still pleased with the workout.
Usually soreness takes a couple days to settle into my muscles. With the continual workouts, I have constant soreness instead. When is my body going to adjust to these extra workouts? I'm ready already.