Book page Posted by kitt at 15:50 on 9 April 2016
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 ¾ cups semolina flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound (2 cups) fresh ricotta cheese, strained
- Confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
- Raspberry sauce
Note: The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)366 calories; 12 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 52 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 33 grams sugars; 12 grams protein; 97 milligrams cholesterol; 188 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 325. Butter an 11-inch round cake pan.
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering, then whisk in the semolina and salt. Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the sugar and butter until combined. Transfer the batter to a bowl to cool it down to warm, stirring frequently to prevent a skin from forming.
- Zest the lemons, using only the yellow part, and stir into the batter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until combined. Beat in the ricotta.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and bake until set and golden in places, about 1 hour. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool, and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar while still hot. Once the cake has cooled, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar once more, then serve.